December 30, 2011

An urban Christmas card


Forge Church commissioned me to illustrate their Christmas card this year. They had a very specific vision of a traditional nativity in an urban setting, with lots of charming details. We talked about ideas, but it took me a while to realize that they wanted me to draw exactly what they were describing. They kindly sketched out their ideas on a whiteboard:

Sure, it's rough, but it actually helped tremendously. I basically just drew what I saw and got their feedback.


Next I did the digital linework, once again sending it to the church for feedback. I also added a few details of my own, such as the cat and Christmas tree in the window.





I received a few copies of the finished product today. I think it turned out really well.


3 comments:

  1. I love it. All the details, it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love, love, love seeing the process!!!! Very nice card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Loved seeing the process!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read every single one!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails